Monday, May 14, 2012

Family Dinner

Triangle ceilings in a squared off room--- moans next door--a hooker is banging her feet into the wall as I'm sure that her lover's feet are planted firm; "How can I sleep when they haven't given me clean sheets?" Ignore the hooker, she's only doing her job; should've snuck pills in; rummage the room-- someone else snuck pills---There are transvestites 7 floors to the street corner begging to be the one who takes it tonight; they take turns, and I break the pills-- powder and pores-- I talked to my mother today and explained how I'm doing quite well-- 6 months clean, serene and everything she'd ever dream that I'd be--- my nose starts to bleed and I travel to see tempted and teased by the junkies in the lobby; half-life hookers saying "come on daddy-- I'll do it half price with you-- come on cutie" and they look sort of half-priced. I grab a soda; or a syringe; I can't remember, somebody says something about "shooting off at the mouth" and a black kid pulls a gun; Swearing; swarming bodies; swarms of swearing swinging fists and fits and tricks; explanations are only given in bits--- someone is shot up; "they shot him," or, "shoot me up daddy let me see what you're hiding down there" 

It's really hard to remember which conversation goes where and smoke that does not look like weed passes through a circle in the hallway of this hostel/motel. Two ladies leave--lovely, though relieving because now as I leave the circle becomes a triangle and I am squared off once more in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment